Jtwenty7

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Omega and Alpha

I'm an ending kind of person. Yesterday I started book number seven in a series that I've been reading. I was going to start it the night before, but I was too busy reading parts of book eight and the end of book seven. I needed a sneak peek to see how things were going to go.

This is how I've read most books during my life. If I'm at a boring part, I want to know how much longer until it gets good. If the people in love are apart, I want to know when and how they're going to be reunited. If someone is sick, I need to know if they're going to make it. If it's stupid, I want to know if it's going to stay that way all the way through.

I didn't like "Wedding Planner" until after I had seen it from start to finish. I was too worried that Steve was going to marry Fran instead of Mary and Mary was going to marry the freak just to make her dad happy. Once I knew it was all going to work out, I bought it.

Even my favorite Seinfeld was backwards. It started the show at the end and finished at the beginning. Kramer's sucker kept getting bigger and bigger...

Have you ever been asked if you were a journey or a destination person? I'm destination all the way. I spend the entire journey looking forward to the destination. I look forward to it so much that it's almost disappointing by the time I get there.

I once took a class with John Eldredge and he said that his wife was the same way and that reading the end of the book first is actually quite biblical. We all know the end result, yet there's just enough mystery to make you want to read the inbetween part.

So, your God may be the Alpha and Omega...mine is the Omega and the Alpha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home