Jtwenty7

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Packing It Up

I quit Methodists Anonymous.

I know...you really should complete a program if you know there's a serious enough problem that you were prompted to sign up in the first place. But remember the whole, "I'm automatically in because my husband works there" line? Well, that turns out not to be true anymore.

So, we'll be packing back up the Christmas decorations, except maybe the trees, and we'll be gathering more boxes to pack up the rest of our stuff. It may seem rather sudden to you, but I've got no words to comfort you because it seems sudden to us, too. You either fit in in your club or you don't, and we obviously didn't fit in.

So here's to new beginnings. Sometimes you dream for new beginnings and, in reality, they're many days or years away from coming true. And sometimes, a new beginning falls in your lap when you least expect it. We just need to get over the initial shock of something falling on us.

I guess our new group would be the Identity Anonymous (which is a bit ironic, since you can't have an identity if you're anonymous...or can you) or Destination Anonymous would maybe be a better fit.

Anyway, so long Methodists Anonymous. Right now, I'm glad I kicked the habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home