Jtwenty7

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Observations on the Drowning of Non-Swimmers: One

I came across an old article tonight that is like a magical key, made to assist in unlocking thoughts that have been stored up inside me for several months now. "Observations on the Drowning of Non-Swimmers" was written by Frank Pia in 1974 and originally published in the Journal of Physical Education.

I would have to agree with Pia that the first step is recognizing someone who is on the verge of drowning:

The drowning non-swimmer neither advertises the fact that he is drowning, nor is it self-evident to any except the trained eye.

I come in contact with drowning people everyday. But for the first time, in all these years, I've spotted a victim that I can't seem to tear myself away from.

And thus begins the journey on a site that has been left alone for far too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home