Jtwenty7

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Firing The Office

NBC's new series, The Office, premiered tonight. We got off on the wrong foot because it bumped the time for The Apprentice, which I didn't realize until I turned the tv on at nine and saw everyone headed into the boardroom already. Oh well. I recovered.

I had looked forward to The Office because the previews looked funny and it featured Steve Carell, who I loved in Bruce Almighty. Watching the full episode was like dragging a half hour into three years and one of those moments when you realize these people have taken the three ONLY funny scenes out of the pilot in order to catch an audience via promos.

Pretty disappointing and I can't fathom how they'll pull off writing very long on this foundation they've laid. I wanted to quit in the first five minutes and I wasn't even in the cubicle next door.

I wish someone would write a true comedy about life in the office. Heaven knows there's enough material for that madness.

PS - While I'm looking like a complete tv junkie, I have to say that I was glad to see Mikala go tonight on American Idol. It was time, even though I really liked her before she reached the top twelve. Go Bo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home