Jtwenty7

Thursday, March 17, 2005

A Gallon of Milk Away

My breakfast ritual consists of eating something, usually toast, and then finishing things off with a glass of milk. I was dreading the milk this morning because the gallon expired yesterday and I hate drinking expired milk. It makes me feel sick and as if I'm inching a little closer to death with every gulp. I've never heard of someone dying from day-after-expiration-date milk ingestion, but I certainly don't want to be the first.

Anyway, I was quite excited to open the fridge today and realize that the gallon had, in fact, been finished off by my husband last night - on the date of it's expiration - leaving me with new milk rights. Today's milk expires on March 26th.

I sometimes gauge my life by the expiration date on milk. For example, when we bought today's new milk on Tuesday night, I reached for it and exclaimed, "look - this doesn't expire until the 26th - by then, we'll only be days away from..." It's as if to say, "this exciting thing in life is so close, milk that we buy today will still be good when it gets here."

So, check out those expiration dates, folks!

Tomorrow, Tomorrow
I love ya!
Tomorrow
You're only a gallon of milk away.


You have to speed up that last line a bit, but it works.

Such a shame that we can't afford counseling, I know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home