Jtwenty7

Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Resolution

I ran into a church person at Target the other day - go figure, huh? These people are EVERYWHERE!! I have to admit, I was planning on running into at least one of them while I got groceries and did errands - at least I ran into some good ones.

In the midst of the conversation, the woman mentioned her daughter who's away at college. I told her I had been keeping up a little on how school was going by reading her daughter's blog. She told me that her daughter had told her to read the blog, but she hadn't gotten around to it yet. (Gosh it's hard to write a paragraph without using names. Ah, the price of anonymity.)

Sounds pretty familiar. I told my mom about my blog not too long after I started keeping one. She was planning on printing out the different entries so she could read them and keep up. I don't think she's read past about day three.

Now, I know she's got a super slow computer with only dial-up internet, so I understand it could be hard to read my blog everyday. In fact, I was thinking that I would just print them off and mail them to her to make it easier. But then again, she's pretty busy right now and probably wouldn't have a lot of time to read them.

It's kind of a bummer because I'm pouring out my guts on this thing and I'd really like her to understand where I'm at right now. I want her to know my heart.

Yesterday it dawned on me that God probably feels the same way about me. He's got this really thick love letter that he's dying for me to read so I can understand his heart and yet I can think of a million reasons why I can't read it consistently. If only it were written like a book - and out came the Message. If only it weren't in those columns - and out came the TNIV with full-fledged paragraphs just like a regular novel. If only I could listen to it... You get the idea.

So, I missed the whole New Year's resolution thing this year. Maybe my Valentine's Day resolution will be to better understand the heart of God.

1 Comments:

  • Thank you sweetspirit. You are always an encouragement!

    I have to add that Mic went out and bought the new "complete" TNIV yesterday and it turns out that it has columns, so now that excuse holds water once again. :)

    The one we had before was only New Testament. Mic said it has to have columns because of Psalms - I say, then put Psalms in columns so it can be all artsy and then rest of the Bible straight across, but the people at the International Bible Society just won't return my calls...

    By Blogger Joy, at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home