Jtwenty7

Sunday, January 30, 2005

To Blog or Not to Blog

That's the question.

Because, the truth is, I'm running out of things to say. I feel like nothing of real interest is happening in my life right now. Seems a rather odd thing to say, since I am on the verge of...how does David Crowder say it? Standing on the edge of something large.

I've never literally jumped off the edge of a cliff before, but I can imagine that it's extremely unnerving to reach the edge for the first time. I would probably pass out at that point and accidentally fall off the edge. Now, in the case that I would be able to keep it together, my palms would get sweaty and probably my legs shaky and there'd be butterflies in my stomach as I thought about what I was about to do. But there would have to come a point when I'd just jump to get it over with, don't you think?

I'm ready to jump to get it over with. Don't freak out - this isn't a suicide note. I'm just saying that I know we're going to be leaving, I know I'm going to have to meet new people, build new relationships, find a new place to live, learn a new grocery store, adapt to a new job, find a mechanic...

Enough already with the anticipation! I've gone from scared to leave to scared to stay. It's amazing the kind of transition that two months can bring.

So I'm ready, aside from an enormous amount of packing. But I guess I can't jump just yet. I guess the whole idea of jumping involves knowing that the timing is right and something will be there to catch me and maybe that new world isn't quite ready yet, even though I am, and maybe I'm not as ready as I think I am.

Anyway, the waiting part is pretty boring and there's not much to say when you're standing on the edge of something large.

Boring life equals boring blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home