Jtwenty7

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Lost in a Trailer Park

In the last month and half, the kindness factor in our lives has been overflowing. This is not to say that we ourselves have been particularly kind - it's mostly been coming from other people. As the church drained us of everything, church members began filling us back up. These acts have varied from dinner to gifts to storage space. Yesterday, we received a new gift that also turned out to be a treasure hunt.

I love treasure hunts. I can really only remember being on one in my entire life. It was for my birthday when I was little. My parents had drawn pictures of different places around our house. I traveled a few different spots, including the mailbox and swing, and ended up in the driveway where I found a motorized plastic airplane that I could ride. I still have the clues from that hunt. Unfortunately, the plane was handed-down to a cousin.

Last night, the map was compliments of MapQuest and the treasure was boxes. One of the church families had saved some boxes for us and the only thing we had to do was pick them up. Seems simple enough.

We headed out a little after six with some scratched out directions and an address. It was dark and we were heading out of town. I think we missed four out of five turns, the kind of event that causes four different families to sit up and wonder who's come to dinner without being invited, only to find that it's a wrong number as we back out of the driveway.

Anyway, all we know is that it's a subdivision. Finally, we pull in on the main street. Huh. There are several trailers at the entrance of this place. We're driving deeper, finding only trailers. Are we in a trailer partk? Surely this family is better off! Perhaps the further we go, the less trailers we'll see...that's a negative.

A phone call to the family reveals that we were at a "Circle," rather than a "Drive." Fifteen minutes later, we were less than a mile from the Country Club. Ah. Familiarity. This is the Newnan I know.

So this is what it's come to... My treasure is boxes and my biggest adventure this week is a trailer park.

I hope we hear something soon about something somewhere.

1 Comments:

  • Oy vey! If this job search takes forty years, we might as well retire now and get jobs pushing carts at WalMart.

    By Blogger Joy, at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home