Jtwenty7

Monday, December 13, 2004

Incredible Meaning

We went and saw The Incredibles on Thanksgiving day. I was a little reluctant, to be honest. I'm a sucker for romantic comedies and dramas that walk the line of scary, but not so much that you can't go to sleep at night. I like cartoons pretty well...they're good rentals.

But I liked the whole idea of The Incredibles. I just plain like superhero stories. I like that they're ordinary people that have these amazing abilities. When I watch something like Spiderman, I think Peter must sometimes walk down the street, dying to tell people who he is and how cool he can be. It's fun to show off at something you're good at, isn't it? To be seen in all your glory?

I think God likes to see us like that, too - displaying the gifts that He's given to us to share.

After they stopped using their super powers, the Incredible family had a pretty good life. He had a job that supported the family. She stayed home and raised kids that she loved. It was average...but it wasn't super. Simply because they weren't being everything that they were created to be. Their son couldn't be fast, yet he was made to be fast. Their daughter couldn't protect, even though she was created to protect. They were each designed to fulfill a certain purpose, but there was this unexplainable emptiness because the void wasn't being filled - the purpose wasn't being met.

As I sat there, I wondered where I was - using my gifts or putting in time. A year ago, I would have told you that I was just doing time because I wasn't getting to do radio or work in some big important ministry. But I remember what one of our good friends once told us: We're each given a toolbox to work with, but it's impossible to use all of the tools at once. When God gives you a project, you just pull out what He's given you to complete the task. I've liked the tools this past year. Sure, I've missed some of the ones that have been tucked away, too.

Anyway, our "incredible" little family is about to get reassigned and I'm anxious to see what we'll need to pull from our toolboxes.

And when duty calls, I hope the outfits are really cool...

1 Comments:

  • I am sure the outfits will be fabulous, but if not I'm a dressmaker, and I could help you out *wink*.

    By Blogger Joyella, at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home