Jtwenty7

Friday, January 14, 2005

Supermarket Sweep

Do you ever pretend you're playing Supermarket Sweep in the grocery? For us, it's a contest to see how many members we can run into during a single shopping experience.

I swear we need to find a new grocery store. Apparently board members of First Methodist are restricted to shopping solely at Publix on Bullsboro.

Today, for the first time in one month and thirteen days, I ran into one of the parties directly responsible for firing my husband. In fact, he was even with me at the time. We went into Publix to buy bread, milk and mustard, and there she was in the first aisle.

Recognition. Big Smile. "Hi! How are you doing?"

HOW AM I DOING?!?!?

Well, we have entered Publix with a checkbook that reads exactly $-13.38. My place of employment is hiring my replacement next week and I am going to train her for God knows how long before I leave at an unappointed time to an unappointed place. My apartment is in shambles because there are packed boxes everywhere and where there aren't packed boxes, there are boxes waiting to be packed. AND I can't even go to Publix for milk without raising my blood pressure 50 points!

I am fine, Betsy. How the heck are you?

I can't wait to check out and see how many bonus points an actual pastor-parish relations committee member is worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home