Jtwenty7

Saturday, February 05, 2005

11876

That's my parents' old address. The house stands empty right now. A kitchen that doesn't cook. A chair that doesn't rock. Curtains that don't open.

You see, they had put it up for sale in the hopes of selling quickly. They even took a leap of faith and began building their new house before the old one had sold. It looked really hopeful there for a while. A couple was interested and had even given a deposit showing intention to buy, but then the sale of their house fell through and they backed out. It was relisted and that contract has come and gone with nothing transpiring. Now, it seems the same couple is still interested, but they still haven't been able to sell their own home. So my parents have taken another leap of faith and decided not to list for now, but to wait for this other couple. In the meantime, they've moved into their new home and there the old house sits, day in and day out, waiting for its next family.

In many ways, I feel like 11876. A desire to worship and no place to go. A yearning for stability and nothing to stand on. A love of a job that is now a skeleton of what it once was. I want to go home and I don't know where to find it. And it seems so irresponsible for God to move our hearts and yet leave us here stranded and empty.

Pass me not, O gentle Savior-
Hear my humble cry!
While on others Thou art calling,
Do not pass me by.

Let me at a throne of mercy
Find a sweet relief;
Kneeling there in deep contrition,
Help my unbelief.

Trusting only in Thy merit.
Would I seek Thy face;
Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
Save me by Thy grace.

Thou the spring of all my comfort,
More than life to me!
Whom have I on earth beside Thee?
Whom in heav'n but Thee?

Savior, Savior,
Hear my humble cry!
While on others Thou art calling,


Please do not pass me by...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home