Jtwenty7

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Visitor

How strange to be back. Vacationing on the streets I drove everyday for almost two years. We drove around last night, noting the changes and things that have stayed the same.

And I wonder how Newnan would view me through the same scrutiny. Anything different? Only familiar?

It brings to mind the feeling I had when our Georgia friends visited Twelve Mile one summer afternoon:

Look at me. You're not seeing me for the first time, but maybe you are. This is what I look like when I'm living from my heart - loved, accepted and being myself. Comfortable in my own skin.

Someone once asked Karen Hughes if George W was the same guy she had started working for years ago. Her answer was "yes, but moreso."

Determined, but moreso.
Full of integrity, but moreso.
Confident, but moreso.

I left so defeated. And now I'm back. In a better place than I was at the peak of our time in Georgia.

And I can't wait to enjoy the best that Newnan has - to savor those things which make my heart soar with just a memory, rooted in the knowledge of where I am now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home